RE: st: How to achieve invisible bars in -graph bar-?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to achieve invisible bars in -graph bar-?
Date   Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:06:46 +0100

When -graph bar- does not do what you want, it is usually best to turn
to -twoway bar-.
So you needn't put even a notional bar where you just want text labels,
just use -twoway scatter- or -twoway scatteri- (e.g.).

Eva Poen

I just realised that this attempt will be futile anyway. -graph bar-
with -(asis)- does not allow to label the bars with the label of
-yvar- which is what I wanted in the end. I will have to fiddle with
-twoway- to achieve what I want, I believe.

I'm still curious why -bstyle(none)- does not do what it says, though.