Re: st: changing adopath and with mac OSX

From   Nirali Shah <>
Subject   Re: st: changing adopath and with mac OSX
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:25:11 -0400

Thanks Daniel for your advice. This method worked, up to a point. Now, my runs on startup of stata, which is a major victory!
But when I try to download a user created ado file, such as "lean1.scheme", I get the following error:

cannot write in directory ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/s

In fact, this folder does not exist yet...but in Windows, the folder used to be created automatically. What must I do to tell the Mac to create this folder?

I appreciate it.

Hallo Nirali -

I have my in the same directory as It reads:

sysdir set OLDPLACE "~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/"
sysdir set PLUS "~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/"
sysdir set PERSONAL "~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/personal/"

set memory 32m

When I type sysdir, I get:

. sysdir
STATA: /Applications/DanielApps/Stata/
UPDATES: /Applications/DanielApps/Stata/ado/updates/
BASE: /Applications/DanielApps/Stata/ado/base/
SITE: /Applications/DanielApps/Stata/ado/site/
PLUS: ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/
PERSONAL: ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/personal/
OLDPLACE: ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/

Hope this helps...