Re: st: Post-editing of graphs by code?

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
Subject   Re: st: Post-editing of graphs by code?
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:55:52 -0500

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Tobias Pfaff
<> wrote:
>> Why is the syntax for post-editing of graphs not documented? Or do I just
> not know where to find it? It would be so helpful for making all the steps
> replicable which you are doing in the graph editor...

Why not use the Graph Recorder and then use the -play()- option to
replicate the graphs?

Michael Mitchell's "A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics, 2nd ed.", has an
great chapter on using the Graph Editor. See:

You could also use -graph addplot- to perform some editing as well:

. scatter mpg price, name(gr1, replace)

. graph addplot, title(foo)