Re: st: Post-editing of graphs by code?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Post-editing of graphs by code?
Date   Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:10:33 -0400

On 7/23/08, Tobias Pfaff <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalisters,
>
> one thread shows some bits of code for editing a graph after it has been
> created:
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-07/msg00616.html
>
> For example: gr_edit .graphs[1].subtitle.text[1]=`"This is by group 1"'
> changes the first line of the title of the first by-group graph
>
> And: gr_edit .graphs[1].note.text[1]= `"Hello"'
> Changes the note text below the first graph.
>
> Why is the syntax for post-editing of graphs not documented? Or do I just
> not know where to find it? It would be so helpful for making all the steps
> replicable which you are doing in the graph editor...
>
> Any hints are appreciated!

The most helpful info on the internal structure of the Stata graphics
subsystem is probably Vince Wiggins' presentations @ 3rd North
American Stata Users Group meeting in Boston on 24 August 2004.

net from http://www.stata.com/users/vwiggins

also see my -parea- command for an example on how to interact with the
internal classes to produce a new kind of graph or adjust an existing
graph:

findit parea

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin