Re: st: create keyboard shotcuts on Apple Mac

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: create keyboard shotcuts on Apple Mac
Date   Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:54:36 -0500

On Jul 9, 2008, at 9:14 AM, Andrea Bennett wrote:
In my case I work with TextMate as an external editor. Quite frequently TextMate does not execute the the do-file when selecting only one line within a do-file (when executing a single line in TextMate the highlighted line simply is copied to a do-file called textmatetostata.do and then executed). The code gets copied into the textmatetostata.do so executing this file results in what I need but I always have to switch back to TextMate and select that file and execute it. So, if I could simply create a shortcut (like a global macro) for executing the textmatetostata.do within Stata, that would do the trick.

I have written a TextMate bundle for Stata, which handles executing the current file or line/selection (plus several other features). Following the standard TextMate convention, "do current file" is bound to cmd-R, and "do current line/selection" is bound to opt-cmd- R, but these can easily be changed. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you my bundle.

WRT keyboard shortcuts, IIRC, you can use System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts to map a shortcut to any menu item in any Cocoa application. If this is correct, then once Stata has been translated to Cocoa, you will be able to map shortcuts to any Stata menu item you want.

-- Phil

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/