Re: AW: st: 3 Level - LMM - Number of clusters?

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: 3 Level - LMM - Number of clusters?
Date   Sun, 29 Jun 2008 13:54:18 -0400

Christian,

Do simpler models work?

1. Ignore SIC and just do a nesting within country?
2. Ignore country and just nest in coarse and refined SIC groupings, coded to not repeat between countries).
3. Fit a fixed effect for country and a random effect for SIC, also coded not to repeat between counries?

What commands are you using? What models and covariates?

Regards,

-Steve