Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC

From   Christopher Intemann <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:20:49 +0200

Am 26.06.2008 um 17:11 schrieb Phil Schumm:

On Jun 26, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Data Analytics Corp. wrote:
I'm more curious right now about Phil's statement that "you can even run Linux or Windows (without a performance penalty and without dual-booting) if you need to" on an Intel MAC machine.

See or . I don't currently use either (I'm still using a PowerPC Mac), but several people I work with do, and they claim Parallels works well.

You could also use wine (, which is free and works pretty well with several windows apps, while not even requiring a copy of Windows XP. Crossover, a commercial fork, is applicable as well. (

* For searches and help try: