Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:11:50 -0500

On Jun 26, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Data Analytics Corp. wrote:
I'm more curious right now about Phil's statement that "you can even run Linux or Windows (without a performance penalty and without dual-booting) if you need to" on an Intel MAC machine.

See or http:// I don't currently use either (I'm still using a PowerPC Mac), but several people I work with do, and they claim Parallels works well.

I'm looking for more input about running Windows software (Stata, S- Plus, SAS primarily) on the MAC as well as creating Word and PowerPoint files on the MAC that my Window's based client can read.

Run R instead of S-Plus whenever possible, and you can use it natively on OS X. Also, there are versions of Word and PowerPoint for OS X -- I don't really use these, but they seem to open all of the Word and PowerPoint files people send me OK (for that matter, so does OpenOffice).

-- Phil

* For searches and help try: