Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC

From   "Bunny," <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:56:00 +0200

Hi Stefano,

i used stata 10 SE on my 2 year old G4 powerbook, which worked well. Though i must admit i am pretty sure my applications and little scripts didnīt test stata to the heart, i can truly recommend it.
I do feel like it worked better than a lot of other applications that were not really meant to work on a mac back in their origin, such as microsoft office.
As of now, i have a new 4 GB Mac Book Pro running on Leopard. I haven īt installed Stata yet. The system is running very well, everytime i work with it, i wonder how anyone in the world can use windows by his/ her will. Especially since parallels is running well too for some windows applications that still dont run on a mac.

Get your mac book pro (with as much RAM as possible) and be happy with the decision everyday or get windows vista and tons of updates and virus scanners - its your choice