Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC

From   "E. Paul Wileyto" <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata on Mac or PC
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:48:51 -0400

If you need to use ODBC for data transfer, driver support is non-existent for MAC.

Stefano Costalli wrote:

Dear all,
I have a non-Stata question, but I need an answer to use stata at its best!
So far I have used Stata 9.2 SE on my laptop (IBM T series), but now I have to give it back to my department and I have some doubts. I'm choosing between the new version of IBM T Series and Macbook pro. My old IBM worked very well, but I like also the Macbook pro. Unfortunately I don't have colleagues or friends who use Stata on a Mac machine. Could anyone give me some feedback? Has anyone done any comparison? Good functioning of Stata will be an essential variable in my decision..
Thanks a lot, Stefano
* For searches and help try:

E. Paul Wileyto, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics