Re: st: How to define weights in gllamm

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <>
Subject   Re: st: How to define weights in gllamm
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:30:09 -0400

Noori Akhtar-Danesh <> wrote:
> I am using gllamm program on a large national survey with weights.
> However, when I use the following command, I get the message that
> "probability weight variables not found" while the weight variable is
> available in the dataset.
> What do I need to do differently?
> Here is the command that I use (it works without weights):
> gllamm  HWTEGBMI Age SEX MS, i( GEOEGPRV) adapt pw(WTSE_S1M)

How many weight variables and levels do you have? I think you should
have one weight variable for each level, and only specify the stub of
the weight variables in the pweight() option. For example, if you have
your level-1 weights in variable wt1 and your level-2 weights in
variable wt2, then you would specify the pweight() option as

Anders Alexandersson