Re: st: How to define weights in gllamm

From   "Noori Akhtar-Danesh" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: How to define weights in gllamm
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:36:58 -0400

Thank you Andres, it worked.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anders Alexandersson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: st: How to define weights in gllamm

Noori Akhtar-Danesh <> wrote:
I am using gllamm program on a large national survey with weights.
However, when I use the following command, I get the message that
"probability weight variables not found" while the weight variable is
available in the dataset.
What do I need to do differently?

Here is the command that I use (it works without weights):

gllamm  HWTEGBMI Age SEX MS, i( GEOEGPRV) adapt pw(WTSE_S1M)
How many weight variables and levels do you have? I think you should
have one weight variable for each level, and only specify the stub of
the weight variables in the pweight() option. For example, if you have
your level-1 weights in variable wt1 and your level-2 weights in
variable wt2, then you would specify the pweight() option as

Anders Alexandersson