st: RE: Problem with TOSTRING command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Problem with TOSTRING command
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:13:50 +0100

Without examples or details of your problems it is difficult to comment
in detail.
In any case, you seem to be answering your own question.

-tostring- (please note standard, non-shouting convention for Statalist
commands)
won't do what you ask if you would lose information thereby. The
alternatives are to specify an appropriate -format()- or (if you must)
insist on -force-.

Daniel Sepulveda-Adams

I am trying to reformat variables that are in numbers format to string
format, therefore I'm using TOSTRING command to do that. Most of the
variables change when I run the do files to string format, but some of
them
do not. I realize that the problem could be because the numbers in the
variables are too big therefore here is the sentence that I created

tostring Units104, replace format(%20.0f)

Now when we run in that time, the sentences was working fine, but now I
was
try to run in others files and did not work.

Somebody know other alternative to do this?