RE: st: saving a matrix with rownames

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: saving a matrix with rownames
Date   Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:09:50 +0100

Sergiy's code is a good reminder that you can do it yourself from

This is essentially what -svmat2- (-search- for locations) does over

Sergiy Radyakin

Perhaps this is what you were originally planning to do?

matrix A=1

local names : rownames A
gen names=""
forvalues i=1/`: word count `names'' {
  replace names=`"`: word `i' of `names''"' in `i'

On 5/30/08, Data Analytics Corp. <> wrote:

> I created a matrix, M, with row names such as Frag300, Frag400, etc.
I want