Re: st: saving a matrix with rownames

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <>
Subject   Re: st: saving a matrix with rownames
Date   Mon, 02 Jun 2008 07:34:16 -0400

Good morning,

I eventually downloaded svmt2 and it worked like a charm. Sergiy's method is a great way to learn, as you said, the basics - which I need to start learning for Stata.

Nick Cox wrote:

Sergiy's code is a good reminder that you can do it yourself from
This is essentially what -svmat2- (-search- for locations) does over
Sergiy Radyakin

Perhaps this is what you were originally planning to do?

matrix A=1

local names : rownames A
gen names=""
forvalues i=1/`: word count `names'' {
replace names=`"`: word `i' of `names''"' in `i'