st: Odd behavior

From   "Pitts, Stephen R. (CDC/CCHIS/NCHS) (CTR)" <>
Subject   st: Odd behavior
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 09:53:40 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I'm using Stata v 10 on Windows XP Pro, trying to assign labels to about
25 groups of diagnostic code ranges, created using the -icd9 gen-
command in Stata. It works just fine, until I've assigned the first 13
groups, then I suddenly get the following error. I also get a syntax
error if I make dxgroup 14 the first label assigned, after removing the
", add".

. label define dxgroup 12 "Symptoms, signs, and ill-defined conditions",

. label define dxgroup 13 "Injury and poisoning", add

. label define dxgroup 14 "Fractures", add
invalid syntax

Does anybody know what I've run into here?

Steve Pitts