Re: st: Odd behavior

From   "Eva Poen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Odd behavior
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 15:41:50 +0100

Steve,

I don't know about -icd9 gen-, but I can define and apply labels in
Stata10 without any problems. I tried your example, and it works here.
Are you sure you didn't make a typo? Like -label dfine dxgroup 14
"Fractures", add- for example? This would trigger the invalid syntax
error that you got.

The example that I tried is listed below.
Eva

****
clear
set obs 25
gen x = _n

label define dxgroup 1  "Symptoms, signs, and ill-defined conditions"
forvalues i = 2/12 {
	label define dxgroup `i'  "Symptoms, signs, and ill-defined conditions", add
}
forvalues i = 13/25 {
	label define dxgroup `i'  "Injury and poisoning", add
}

label values x dxgroup
label list dxgroup
****