Re: st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap

From   "Daniel R. Petrolia" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap
Date   Fri, 02 May 2008 08:18:27 -0500

Arne and Stas,
  Thanks much for your very generous help with my problem.  I think we now have at least two more options to derive some estimates thanks to your suggestions.

Dan Petrolia

>>> "Arne Risa Hole" <> 5/2/2008 5:28 AM >>>
I agree with Stas that -nlcom- is likely to be a good alternative to
the bootstrap but it's worth keeping in mind that it will not be very
accurate if the distribution of mean WTP is highly non-normal. This
could be the case since WTP is often derived as a function of the
ratio of coefficient estimates. In this case the parametric bootstrap
represents a compromise between accuracy (-bootstrap-) and computing
speed (-nlcom-).