Re: st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: STATA: multivariate probit w/ bootstrap
Date   Fri, 2 May 2008 11:28:34 +0100

I agree with Stas that -nlcom- is likely to be a good alternative to
the bootstrap but it's worth keeping in mind that it will not be very
accurate if the distribution of mean WTP is highly non-normal. This
could be the case since WTP is often derived as a function of the
ratio of coefficient estimates. In this case the parametric bootstrap
represents a compromise between accuracy (-bootstrap-) and computing
speed (-nlcom-).

Arne