st: RE: "No room to add more variables"

From   "Roy, Devesh (IFPRI)" <D.ROY@CGIAR.ORG>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: "No room to add more variables"
Date   Thu, 1 May 2008 09:20:15 -0400

I think in stata10 you can use set maxvar 32767.
See if that works

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Renuka
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 3:52 AM
To: statalist
Subject: st: "No room to add more variables"

Dear Statalisters

When I run any regression, despite it having < 2047
variables or even attempt to create a variable, I get
the following message. I would be grateful if someone
could tell me how I can possibly remedy this.

. ge z50plusa=.
no room to add more variables
    An attempt was made to add a variable that would
have resulted in more than 2048 or 2047 variables
    (Stata reserves one variable for its own use).
You have the following alternatives:

     1.  Drop some variables; see help drop.

     2.  If you are using Stata/SE, increase maxvar;
see help maxvar.

Thank you

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email