Re: Re: st: Kriging and other geostatistical procedures

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: Kriging and other geostatistical procedures
Date   Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:33:09 +0100

Note that a similar question was asked a few days ago: see

<http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.0804/date/article-486.html>

and responses to that.

. findit latitude

points to various routines mostly for distance calculations between points given by latitude and longitude. Look more closely and you may find what you want.

Maarten buis

-findit kriging- only returns a reference to -variog- by Nick Cox, but
only because the description of that program includes the sentence:
"Note that these are minimal programs only and do not support model
fitting or kriging." This is not very surprising as Stata just is not
very strong in terms of geographical statistics.

Ruchira Bhattamishra

> I have weather-station data and need to do spatial interpolation in
> order to generate community-level estimates. Is anyone aware of Stata
> programs that support geostatistical procedures such as kriging? I
> also need to convert latitude and longitude variables to eastings and
> northings and would like to know if there are any Stata programs for
> this.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/