st: Re: panel data programming

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: panel data programming
Date   Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:19:16 -0400

Just treat each (household/mother) as your basic unit of analysis. You should be able to do this with egen's group function, where hhid and momid form a group. Then you can apply the logic you have to 'spread' the mom's educ level across all children in that HH with that mother.

Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html