Statalist

RE: st: Using Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC)

From   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <ralfaro@bcentral.cl>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Using Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC)
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:11:06 -0400

Type after your reg

local bic = -2*e(ll) + log(e(N)) * (e(N) - e(df_r))

or

gen double newvar = -2*e(ll) + log(e(N)) * (e(N) - e(df_r))

* Example
sysuse auto
reg price mpg  headroom trunk
di -2*e(ll) + log(e(N)) * (e(N) - e(df_r))
estat ic

Rodrigo.