st: Using Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC)

From   Beat Hintermann <>
Subject   st: Using Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC)
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:32:50 -0400

Hi there

I know how to display the BIC by typing estat(ic), but I can't seem to figure out how to use it in a calculation.

For example, I'd like to create a variable that takes the value of the BIC of the last regression. gen newvar=e(BIC) or something along those lines does not seem to work. Can anyone help?