Re: st: Z-scores of adult heights

Subject   Re: st: Z-scores of adult heights
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:50:20 -0400

Richard Palmer-Jones <[email protected]>:
I think any suggestions would have to be conditional on what the
scores are to be used for.  I would be inclined to condition only on
sex, since differences by race/ethnicity may be conflated with
differences by income.  Also, are these age or cohort effects? Or
both?

webuse nhanes2
lpoly hei age if race==1 & sex==1
tw kdensity hei if race==1&sex==1&ageg==2||kdensity hei if
race==1&sex==1&ageg==5

Also note that you might want to use rank (on the interval 0,1)
directly, rather than a Z score, depending on your model...