st: Z-scores of adult heights

From   "Richard Palmer-Jones" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Z-scores of adult heights
Date   Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:20:26 +0100

Dear Readers

I want to calculate z-scores of adult male and female heights of
different ages using reference population standards (e.g. healthy
western populations). This is readily done for children, but I am not
clear what distribution parameters to use for adults. I can see some
debate about changing adult heights in western populations, and also
differences by ethnicity and income, so population parameters (such as
from NHANES) would not seem suitable.

All suggestions welcome.

Richard