st: RE: Time trend in fixed effects modle

From   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Time trend in fixed effects modle
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:18:53 -0400

Rita,

Suppose that you have a way to deal with your "missings at random". In
that scenario you have 10 ids and 19 years (obs=190), and you are
estimating the model with ids and year dummies, other covariates, and
interactions between ids and years. How many degree of freedom you have?

If you think that the missings are at random, maybe you could deal with
them using a multiple imputation procedure, such as the one available in
-ice-. You could be in the scenario above.

I do not know what is the purpose of your model, but from time-series
point of view it could be nice to have a long serie, then keep the
provinces for the full sample sounds a good idea. On the other hand,
keep the complete sample gives you 5 years and 10 ids... which is few
obs but maybe enough for your goal.

Rodrigo.