Re: st: Weighted Least Squares

From   "Tam Phan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weighted Least Squares
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:14:26 -0400

Hi Maarten,

So, there several zones within a pricing area.  Suppose there is 1
pricing area, and in this area, there are 2 zones.  The explanatory
variables have been define at the zone levels.  Say Zone 1 has
exlanatory variables X12, X13 that corresponds to a dependent variable
Q1.  Say Zone 2, it has explanatory variable X22, X24 (note there is
no X23 that correspond with X13 for zone 2), and its dependent
variable is Q2.

In this context, I would like to do one regression equation, mainly

Q1+Q2 = alpha + [  (Q1/(Q1+Q2))*X12 + (Q2/(Q1+Q2))*X22 ]b + [
(Q2/(Q1+Q3)X24)]v+ e

Note that X12 and X22 are the same explanatory variables, its just
that numerically they have different values in each zones, hence, they
are weighted by the corresponding dependent variables (this can be the
quanity sold for a particular item in both demand zone).

Tam