st: RE: Time trend in fixed effects modle

From   rita luk <[email protected]>
To   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Time trend in fixed effects modle
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your info.

Sorry that I did not describe my model clearly. My
model use interaction between ids and time trend (not
with years).

Therefore, with 5 provinces have 19 data points and
other 5 provinces has 14 data points, use price,
umeployment rate, income, ids dummies, year dummies
and provinical specific trends as regressors, the
degree of freedom is NT- 3 covariates - 9 ids dummies
- 18 year dummies - 9 provinical specific trends =126.
This is what I got when I coded the trend variable as
Way II (below) and run the regression. Initially, I
put in 9 ids dummies, 18 year dummies and 10
provinical-specific trends. However, Stata
automatically drop one of the provinical-specfic
trends.

It is a good suggestion to impute the data and use all
obs for regression. I may try it. That said, I still
want to know the answer to my question. The price
coefficients that I got from using Way I and Way II
coding of the provinical-specific trends differs quite
a lot. Hence, I want to know what is the correct way
to code.

Thanks again for your valuable ideas.

Rita Luk