RE: st: RE: using data off the web

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: using data off the web
Date   Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:21:00 +0100

In fact, the -copy- tactic has a fairly basic extra benefit.

If there's anything problematic about the data, you may want
to look at the file independently, and that is often going
to be easier if you have a copy on your system.

-cp- is the same command, and Unix users may prefer that name.

David Airey

Thanks Nick and Rodrigo. I did not know about the copy command.

Testing the suggestion works:

copy
"http://www.genenetwork.org/cgi-bin/WebQTL.py?cmd=cor&probeset=rs1348111
1&db=BXDGeno&searchdb=bra12-03MAS5&return=500
" simple.txt, text

insheet using simple.txt

I had to use the quotes otherwise I got an error message:

varlist not allowed
r(101);

Thank you!