Re: st: RE: xttobit initial value not feasible

From   "sarah young" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: xttobit initial value not feasible
Date   Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:32:52 +0100

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response. I am just starting to learn econometrics. I
thought that for a variable with over half of the observations are
zero, like export intensity in my model, the variable could be treated
as a censored variable. Or probably I am wrong?

I have used xtreg and xtabond2 to estimate the model and they performed well.

Thanks.