RE: st: Is there any bug in unabbreviation of variable names?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Is there any bug in unabbreviation of variable names?
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:38:06 +0100

Reserved words are documented at [U] 11.3.

Austin Nichols

Sergiy Radyakin <[email protected]>:

I would guess that the prohibited abbreviations include words that are
not allowed as variables names, e.g. long or byte:

. g byte_ok=1

. d byte
byte not allowed
r(101);

. d byte*

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
byte_ok         float  %9.0g

. unab g: byte
byte not allowed
r(101);

. unab g: byt

. di "`g'"
byte_ok

I think that the above looks a bit like a bug.