Re: st: question about smcl

Subject   Re: st: question about smcl
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:39:57 -0500

At 03:09 AM 4/11/2008, Tamas Bartus (tbartus) wrote:
I also find smcl a bit difficult, writing a help file is not a pleasure (probably I miss
some necessary skills). Did StataCorp considered or does consider in the future other languages?
HTML for example? I just discovered by chance that even SPSS 14. can
produce almost publication quality HTML log files.
Writing programs is kind of fun, but writing help files is pure drudgery. If somebody has written templates that make Textpad or other programs easier to use when writing help files, I'd love to see them. I know Statacorp has a long wish list, but anything it could come up with would be appreciated. I've heard people say that they didn't bother to put their programs on SSC because they didn't want to write a help file.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam