st: question about smcl

From   "Tamas Bartus (tbartus)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question about smcl
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:09:51 +0200

Dear Listers,

When announcing the update to outreg2,  Roy writes that

> I wish someone would write a compiler/interface for writing Stata help
> file, possibly basing it on one of TeX engines.
>
> Or go the other way around and use TeX as the basis for the Stata
> help file, which in its current markup form can be difficult to read
> on the screen, but this obviously wouldn't work unless someone makes it
> official.

I also find smcl a bit difficult, writing a help file is not a pleasure (probably I miss
some necessary skills). Did StataCorp considered or does consider in the future other languages?
HTML for example? I just discovered by chance that even SPSS 14. can
produce almost publication quality HTML log files.

Best,

Tamas

Tamas Bartus, PhD
Associate Professor, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
Corvinus University, Budapest
1093 Budapest, Közraktár utca 4-6.
Phone:  +36-1-482-7301
Fax:      +36-1-482-7348