Re: st: RE: overlay

From   Berthold Hoppe <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: overlay
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:52:01 +0200

Thanks, this command solves the problem.

Am 10 Apr 2008 um 17:02 schrieb Nick Cox:

-overlay- is a user-written command: the latest version visible to me is
on SSC.

(You are asked to state where user-written commands you use come from.)

As that version of -overlay- is written for Stata 7, it is incompatible
with graphics commands
such as -twoway lfitci- written for Stata 8 up.

Stata 8 up has its own overlay language, and that is what I recommend:

twoway lfitci y x if z == 1 || lfitci y x if z == 2

That said, I don't know why you get the error you do. There is a
user-written command -sto-
(also on SSC, and also very out-of-date), but I don't think it is
connected with -overlay-.
Installing -sto- would not fix the limitation of -overlay- for your

Berthold Hoppe

I try to overlay two linear prediction plots using

overlay y x, by(z) function(twoway lfitci).

The linear regressions are made, but before graphing a black screen,
the error "unrecognized command: sto" r(199) is shown.

* For searches and help try: