st: ODBC 64-bit

From   Peter Jepsen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ODBC 64-bit
Date   Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:35:35 +0200

Dear Statalisters

I am running Stata 10 64-bit on Vista. I am hoping to connect to an
Access 2007 database using -odbc-. I am trying to set up a connection as
described in the manual under -odbc-, but apparently I have no ODBC
driver for Access, only SQL Server. An internet search seemed to
indicate that there is no 64-bit ODBC driver for Access. Is that right?
Do I have any alternatives, e.g. using dbase or somesuch (SQL Server,
perhaps)? I tried to follow the plugin-faq on the Stata Website, but it
was too advanced for my abilities - particularly since I wasn't sure
that it would work with 64bit Stata and 64bitVista at all.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter.