Re: st: Displaying within Stata version 8 graphs that were generated in Stata version 10

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Displaying within Stata version 8 graphs that were generated in Stata version 10
Date   Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:56:30 -0400

You probably will have to move to Stata 10 for the Mac. I can think of just one possible remedy that involves some trade-offs and may not work, but it would be easy to find out.

Stata 10 will still create graphs in the old version 7 format. This format has its uses because the graphs appear instantaneously (and I like some of the features. Scatters for example have an easily obtained box option that shows the degree of skewness for each variable).

Then you could see if version 8 for the Mac will open these graphs. In case you want to try this, the start of a command is "gr7 (is a colon necessary after the 7? I don't have my version 7 manuals here). While this may work, the version 7 graph commands differ from those in version 8 and the help files for version 7 graphs probably were rudimentary in the version 8 you have at home. But if you still have your old version manuals, and this works, you would have a work around.

This might be your only option short of purchasing version 10 if it works.

Dave Jacobs