st: Displaying within Stata version 8 graphs that were generated in Stata version 10

From   Helen Lim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Displaying within Stata version 8 graphs that were generated in Stata version 10
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:17:26 -0400

Hi.

I have Stata version 8.2 on my Mac. However I have to work on a dataset in a lab where there is only Stata version 10 on a PC. At the lab, I ran a do-file with the version command (i.e. "version 8") right at the beginning of the do-file, and in the do-file I generated some graphs. When I tried to "graph use" the graphs that I had generated in the lab (i.e. using Stata version 10 on a PC) at home (i.e. using Stata version 8.2 on a Mac) however, I got the following error message:
-----
file /Users/me/YRSEDU_yrinsho.gph is a new format that this version of Stata does not know how to read
suggestion: type -update query-
r(610);
-----

I typed "update query" and the information was that my version of Stata version 8 is updated.

Is there a way for me to generate live-format graphs using Stata Version 10 on a PC, which I can later on display and modify etc using Stata Version 8 on a Mac ?

I know that if one wants to run a command under a specific version of Stata, one can use the "version #" command. But I did use the "version" command at the top of the do-file which generated the graphs, and still I can't even display the graphs using my Stata version 8. Can someone help me please ?
Thanks in advance.

Helen
*
* For searches and help try: