Re: R: st: multile comparison among incidence rates

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: R: st: multile comparison among incidence rates
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:18:46 +0100 (BST)

--- Carlo Lazzaro <> wrote:
> I have in mind something like multiple comparisons with Bonferroni's
> correction via ANOVA with continuous variables, but I do not know
> whether a similar procedure does exist in the dichotomous variables
> setting (I have unsuccessfully scanned some epidemiology textbook
> searching for this issue, but I was not able to find nothing more
> than chi2 and two-sample comparisons).

Bonferroni like adjustements for multiple testing apply for any test,
including tests involving dichotomous variables. Some tools for
implementing these tests are available through the undocumented
-_mtest- command, see -help _mtest- (for those who are surprised that
an undocumented command has an helpfile, see -help undocumented-).

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081