R: st: multile comparison among incidence rates

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: multile comparison among incidence rates
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 18:56:08 +0200

Dear Svend,
thanks a lot for your kind reply and for the example.

I beg your pardon for having been not clear enough.

Actually, I would like to compare the significant difference of all the
incidence rates.

Let'say:

Patients enrolled to receive drug A reported 200 relapses during a 6-month
follow-up;
Patients enrolled to receive drug B reported 150 relapses during a 6-month
follow-up;
Patients enrolled to receive drug C reported 220 relapses during a 6-month
follow-up.

I have in mind something like multiple comparisons with Bonferroni's
correction via ANOVA with continuous variables, but I do not know whether a
similar procedure does exist in the dichotomous variables setting (I have
unsuccessfully scanned some epidemiology textbook searching for this issue,
but I was not able to find nothing more than chi2 and two-sample
comparisons).

Thanks a lot agin and Kind Regards,

Carlo