RE: st: Stata graph how to?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata graph how to?
Date   Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:51:09 +0100

I don't know what Sergiy means precisely, so I can't amplify that.

Assuming that you are using the new Stata graphics (Stata 8 up), I
believe that your choices include

1. Differentiation by using different gray (grey) scale colours.

2. Differentiation by using text labels.

3. Use of other software, as you are already aware.

That doesn't rule out programming other fills in a kind of home-made
way, but unless some Stata programmer has done that already, I doubt
that it will be easy.

Carolina Dolores Da Silva

and thank you for your responses. I am still a bit confused. Sergiy,
you write that it is possible to do pattern fills, but Friedrich says
it is not possible. The book I have (Mitchell, A Visual Guide to Stata
Graphics) describes only line patterns (chapter 10.6), like solid or
dashed, but not the fill patterns. Could you please show me an
example?