Re: st: Stata graph how to?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata graph how to?
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:54:24 -0400

I think there is one short answer and two long answers to your question.

The 1st is the short answer from the book: Stata does not do fill patterns.
The 1st long answer expains you why this is not desirable. Look back
in the archives of statalist and you will find references to Tufte's
book, etc.

The 2nd answer explains how to do the patterns in Stata. This could
have been a short answer, if patterns were not [deliberately?]
disabled. Reinstating them is not easy, but POSSIBLE if needed. In
fact 10 patterns are available, and they include several diagonal,
squared and dotted patterns. I will check if I find my old programs
that do pattern fills in Stata.

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin