Re: st: simulate consequences of selection bias 101

From   Thomas Gschwend <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: simulate consequences of selection bias 101
Date   Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:50:39 +0200

Very nice. Thanks a bunch.
Thomas

Austin Nichols schrieb:
OK,
how about heteroskedasticity plus selection on the dependent variable?

clear
set seed 12345
range x 0 10 500
g error = invnorm(uniform())*2*x
g y=5-.5*x+error
reg y x
reg y x if y>10
gr7 y x, yli(10)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Thomas Gschwend