st: Exact Poisson - total number of events

From   Garry Anderson <>
Subject   st: Exact Poisson - total number of events
Date   Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:23:41 +1100

Dear Statalist,

I receive the following message

. expoisson  y indic1,irr
total number of events, 158, is too large for an exact poisson model

After trial and error I seem to miss out by 2 events in 158.
I was wondering if there is a workaround that can prevent this message?

Changing the memory option had no effect. I am using SE 10.0.
The number of events per individual ranges from zero to 32.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Best wishes, Garry