st: RE: way to document SSC downloads

From   "Buzz Burhans" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: way to document SSC downloads
Date   Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:14:07 -0400

I think an idea that Ben Jann gave me in this post to statalist will help
with what you want:

If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll email you a copy of the text.

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group

Twin Falls, ID
Phone: 208-320-0829
Fax: 208-735-1289

So. Albany VT
Phone: 802-755-6842

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Visintainer, Paul
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 9:57 AM
Subject: st: way to document SSC downloads

Does anyone know of a command (or solution) to documenting all the SSC
programs one may have downloaded to their computer?  My problem is that I
forget what programs I have downloaded.  What I'd like to do is create an
appendix that contains all the help files for my SSC programs--something
like an appendix to the manual that I can quickly scan.  I know I could do
this each time I download a program, but I'm not that organized.  What I
would love is a command that I can run periodically that captures the
command name and the help file for all programs and dumps the output to a
text or document file.  While I'm dreaming, maybe some options, like
alphabetizing by command and "short" description that only provides the
command name and the SSC description.

In lieu of a command, has anyone come up with a creative solution?

Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
New York Medical College