st: RE: way to document SSC downloads

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: way to document SSC downloads
Date   Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:32:22 -0700

Are you looking for something like
Ado describe ?

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Visintainer, Paul
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 6:57 AM
Subject: st: way to document SSC downloads

Does anyone know of a command (or solution) to documenting all the SSC programs one may have downloaded to their computer?  My problem is that I forget what programs I have downloaded.  What I'd like to do is create an appendix that contains all the help files for my SSC programs--something like an appendix to the manual that I can quickly scan.  I know I could do this each time I download a program, but I'm not that organized.  What I would love is a command that I can run periodically that captures the command name and the help file for all programs and dumps the output to a text or document file.  While I'm dreaming, maybe some options, like alphabetizing by command and "short" description that only provides the command name and the SSC description.

In lieu of a command, has anyone come up with a creative solution?

Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
New York Medical College