Statalist

st: parameterising strs to avoid cumulative relative survival increase

From   Valérie Jooste <vjooste@u-bourgogne.fr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: parameterising strs to avoid cumulative relative survival increase
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:33:50 +0100

Dear all,
I am using strs to estimate relative survival and unless I make a mistake, I
notice that excess mortality rate are allowed to be negative and therefore
cumulative relative survival (ederer I, II or Hakulinen) is allowed to
increase.
Although I find interesting to have an estimation of a negative excess
mortality rate, I would prefer cumulative relative survival to stay constant
rather than increase when the number of deaths is smaller than expected
during the interval (like in strel). Is there a way to parameterise strs
this way?
Thank you for your help
Valerie

	Valérie Jooste
	Registre des cancers digestifs
	Recherche épidémiologique et clinique en cancérologie digestive
	Inserm UMR 866, "Lipides, Nutrition, Cancer"
	Faculté de Médecine
	BP 87900
	21079 Dijon cedex
	Tel : 03 80 39 33 25