Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters

Subject   Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:04:09 -0500

The original question was not recognizable as an FAQ:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/setmemory1.html
since you asked about the "parameters that Stata receives when it is
launched" but apparently were interested in command line switches.
See also [GSW] B and C.

You can optimize memory usage by telling Windows to run a different
command when opening .dta files. Instead of -use- you might specify
e.g. -my_use- and program your own my_use.ado which sets memory a bit
larger than you need to open the data, e.g.

prog my_use
 qui d using `1'
 loc m=ceil(1.25*r(N)*(r(width)+8)/1e6)
 qui set mem `m'm