Re: st: re: problem with generating eps

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: problem with generating eps
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:34:10 -0600

.

That's not documented in the online help for schemes, but probably is in printed materials referenced therein...

--snip--
Background color

In the table at the beginning of the entry, we characterize the background color as
being white or black, although actually what we mean is light or dark because some of
the schemes set background tinting. We mean that "white" background schemes are
suitable for printing. Printers (both the mechanical ones and the human ones) prefer
that you avoid dark backgrounds because of the large amounts of ink required and the
corresponding problems with bleed-through. On the other hand, dark backgrounds look
good on monitors.

In any case, you may change the background color of a scheme by using the region_options
graphregion(fcolor()), graphregion(ifcolor()), plotregion(fcolor()), and
plotregion(ifcolor()); see [G] region_options. When overriding the background color,
choose light colors for schemes that naturally have white backgrounds and dark colors
for regions that naturally have black backgrounds.

Schemes that naturally have a black background are by default printed in monochrome.
See [G] set printcolor if you wish to override this.

If you are producing graphs for printing on white paper, we suggest that you choose a
scheme with a naturally white background.
--snip--