st: Accessing command line parameters

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Accessing command line parameters
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:31:46 -0500

Hello Statalisters,

I wonder if I can read the parameters that Stata receives when it is
launched. I want to automatically set memory (in the to be
at least as big as necessary for the dataset that is being opened
(with a double-click in explorer/windows).

If it is possible, where does Stata store these command line parameters?

Thank you,
    Sergiy Radyakin

** this is what I see when I double-click a large file in Windows:

running C:\...\ ...

. use C:\DataDir\MyDataset.DTA
no room to add more observations
    An attempt was made to increase the number of observations beyond
what is currently possible.  You have the following

     1.  Store your variables more efficiently; see help compress.
(Think of Stata's data area as the area of a rectangle;
         Stata can trade off width and length.)

     2.  Drop some variables or observations; see help drop.

     3.  Increase the amount of memory allocated to the data area
using the set memory command; see help memory.